Saturday, September 25, 2010

Make your own Sriracha Sauce

I know, why make your own? It's cheap to just buy it. But! Everything is better homemade right? And you can tweak this to EXACTLY how you would like it. I know I'm going to scope out some fresno chiles. I'll post results once I give it a try. (Once I convince My Boy that we neeeeed a food processor).

    1/2 pound red fresno chiles, coarsely chopped
    4 garlic cloves
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    1 cup distilled white vinegar
    2 tablespoons palm sugar (light brown works too)

Take everything but the sugar and put it into a glass bowl, loosely cover with plastic wrap. Let it sit overnight. The next day put the mix and the sugar in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature. Throw it all into a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Put through a fine mesh strainer. If it is too thick add a tablespoon of water. If needed, add any salt or sugar to taste.

1 comment:

  1. dude, you neeeedd a food processor for SO many things. its insane...i went on youtube and found a video that demonstrated all the crazy stuff you can do with one..showed it to ryan and he was like OK!!! plus, its a toy that gets him involved with helping me cook and bake sometimes!

    ReplyDelete