Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hack


Kiddo loves peanut butter. Well, honestly, who doesn't? So, we buy the organic, all natural stuff. And I hate having to use it. One day while I was ruining a piece of bread (again), tearing it up with the impossible to spread stuff, I thought, there has to be a better way. The way it separates! There is an oily part, followed by a thick, impossible lump. In desperation I tried to mix the stuff. After about 30 minutes my hand cramped beyond use. Frustrated and nearly defeated by a jar of peanut butter, I had an idea. I threw the stuff into the blender. It mixed up quickly and easily. It was a bit messy to put back in the jar, but I didn't care. I had won! I made the sandwiches I needed and placed the jar into the refrigerator. The next time I needed peanut butter, I reluctantly reached for the jar. I didn't want to have to use a blender every time and the mess was too much to handle daily. What did I find out? It stayed mixed. YES! Smooth and perfect, just like the peanut butter that is full of all the extra stuff. Now, every time I open up a jar, I put it into the blender and we have smooth all natural peanut butter. Sometimes me being stubborn pays off.

No comments:

Post a Comment