Friday, October 8, 2010

Hack


In my first meal plan I had linked a recipe for stuffed pasta shells. Super delicious! Also, we doubled up the recipe, filled all the shells, and then placed them on a cookie sheet. We placed them so that none of them were touching and stuck them in the freezer. After they were frozen, I placed them in bags and popped them back into the freezer. Next time we want them, just pull out how many we want, place in a dish, cover with sauce and bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. We ended up with 50 stuffed shells. That means we stuffed 50 shells. I wish I had known of, or thought of, this hack before we started.

All you have to do is place the filling in a pastry bag or a ziploc bag with the corner cut off. You can then fill the shells with ease and little mess! Neato huh?

Ah well, next time I suppose.

*image via ziploc.com*

No comments:

Post a Comment