Monday, October 11, 2010

Cottage Cheese Pancakes


Here is another idea for pancakes. Cottage Cheese! Now, some people have an aversion for cottage cheese, but I don't. As I scoured the internet for a recipe, I found a lot of variations and had a hard time choosing one. I ended up with the one that follows, and only mostly because the ingredients list wasn't that long AND it calls for sugar and I like my pancakes sweet.

1 cup unbleached flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
4 eggs
1 cup cottage cheese (use whatever % you like,)
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp canola or veg oil
Cooking spray or Butter or whatever you use to grease a pan

Mix flour, baking soda, salt and sugar together. In a different bowl, whisk together eggs, cottage cheese, milk and oil.  Add in the flour mix and whisk until completely blended.
Grease up your pan over medium heat.  Add around 1/4 cup of batter to the skillet. Flip pancakes once. You want golden brown on both sides. It takes about 5 minutes total.

*image via foster farms*

No comments:

Post a Comment