Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Frosting!


This frosting is one that you cook!! I was a little worried about it, but I had to try it. Also, you get to use a hand mixer, which I happen to LOVE to use. It's very zen for me. AND I think it's yummy.

Frosting
5 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk

2 sticks of butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Whisk together the flour and milk in a small saucepan, over medium heat. Keep whisking until it thickens. Allow this to cool to room temperature. It has to cool first! If you need to, put the pan over ice in the sink to speed things along. While waiting for the mixture to cool, cream the butter and sugar together. Add in the vanilla. Then add in the COOLED milk/flour mixture. Using a mixer beat until the consistency of whipped cream.

Everyone loves this frosting. I wonder if it's all the butter?

No comments:

Post a Comment