Friday, October 22, 2010

Smoky Paprika



I have smoky paprika amongst my spices. We bought it after searching several stores, and used it to make Smoky Split Pea Soup and it really shined in that soup. Now I see it, and yes, sometimes I open it and smell it because I am weird. And I think to myself, there HAS to be another use for this. Today I was reading about making deviled eggs and substituting Greek yogurt for mayonnaise. We always have Greek yogurt on hand. Hmmm... And then it hit me! I always have paprika on my deviled eggs! I put directions, just in case someone doesn't already know how to make deviled eggs. I found another recipe that added in sun dried tomatoes and had fried shallots on top, but I know I won't be doing that any time soon, so here is what I think would work.
 
Smoky Deviled Eggs


6 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt

Slice the eggs in half and scoop out the yolks into a bowl. Set the whites aside. Smash the yolks with the back of a fork. Add the Greek yogurt and stir until well combined. Add smoked paprika and salt. Put the filling into the eggs and EAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment