Saturday, October 16, 2010

Today I had...


Yeah, I ate that today. As well as the stuff pictured below. First we have a cottage pie, which I consumed at the Renaissance Faire today. It's a pastry filled with beef, carrots, potatoes and onion. It was tasty. I've been trying to find a suitable vegetarian dinner type pie to make at home, but haven't came across a recipe that I've wanted to try. Kiddo wasn't interested once he found out that the pie wasn't sweet. Then we went to Pea Soup Andersen's for dinner. The bowl of soup below is what they are known for, and for good reason. It is lovely. I already have a go to recipe for Split Pea soup, but I can honestly say that this soup is different enough that I plan on spending some time trying to recreate it at home.

The last picture, which is slightly blurry *sorry*, is the roll that was our bread service. I should have thought to cut it open for the picture too, because there were poppy seeds in it. It was an onion roll, with poppy seeds and I think some cheddar cheese on top. Sounds weird, but they were actually pretty good.
Finishing up with a picture of the windmill at Pea Soup Andersen's because I think it is pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment