Friday, October 15, 2010

Popcorn and other tales


I haven't been posting much this week. We have had a packed schedule and lots of day trips. I keep meaning to take pictures of the yummy food we have been enjoying, but I keep eating it before any pictures can be snapped. Today is my official day off, at home, doing nothing. That includes cooking! The kiddo and I watched 3 movies and went out for lunch. I did, however make the peanut butter popcorn. Let me just say, SO TASTY! It's super easy and impossible to mess up. I think I put more M&Ms than most people would, but I seriously think there should be 1 candy per bite. A note about the recipe, we use organic, all natural peanut butter. That means it's just peanuts and salt. If you use, say JIFF or Skippy, I think that it might be a little sweeter. Below is a picture of the popcorn cooling, before I added the M&Ms. I didn't have wax paper, so I just spread it out on a plastic cutting board. Then I just scooped it into the popcorn boxes that I had impulsed bought from World Market forever ago that I always forget to use. I sorta layered M&Ms and popcorn to try and get an even distribution. Reminds me of when I go to the movies and dump my candy into my popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment