So, I realized that I haven't posted in nearly a month. WOW that went fast! But, I am back, with something wonderful. Vegetarian chili. It is perfecto. Super simple and in a crockpot. Full of veggies and delicious. What more can you ask for? Well, I found the recipe and procured the necessary items. I did ASK my boy to do the actual cooking. I came home to the house smelling lovely and I had a wonderful meal. I used tortilla chips for dipping and added some shredded cheese.
There are several variations around, but this is the one we went with.
Slow Cooker Chili
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, not drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can vegetarian baked beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomato puree
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced chilies
- 1 -2 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (optional)
- In a saucepan, saute the onion, bell pepper, zucchini, and celery for about 5 minutes.
- In a slow cooker, combine black bean soup, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, baked beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, bell pepper, zucchini, jalapeno, chilies, and celery.
- Season with garlic, chili powder, cumin, parsley, oregano, basil (and cilantro if using).
- Cook for about 6 hours on low.