Saturday, September 18, 2010

Baked French Toast

Late night post! Busy day today, but we made time to hit up the Farmer’s Market. While I was there I picked up another loaf of cinnamon bread so we can have French toast again. I’m going to try the overnight and then baked recipe. There are a lot of different versions out there, so I’m going to use a few ideas from several of them.

6 slices of bread about 2 inches thick
5 eggs
1 ½ cups of half and half
2 tsp vanilla

Mix all the wet ingredients in a dish. Soak each slice of bread in the mixture for 30 seconds on each side. Place in a 13x9, greased pan. Pour the remaining liquid over the slices. Cover and refrigerate overnight. The next morning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook 40 minutes, turning halfway through.
I will post a review tomorrow and let you know how it turns out. Hopefully pictures will be included, which means I will have to remember to snap a pic BEFORE we devour it.

No comments:

Post a Comment